It's official - the latest revision of XPilot-AI is live and the source code is available for download right now in the Downloads section!
The most notable addition is the headlessMode function, which allows XPilot agents to run without opening a real game window. Other fixes include:
- The removal of unnecessary flag parameters in wallFeeler functions
- The addition of an index parameter to all HUD functions, allowing them to account for more messages
- hudName has been renamed simply to hud
- An addition to the selfTracking functions that returns heading when the ship is not moving
- A new function called scanGameMsg that returns in-game messages, which works much like scanMsg
We hope these fixes and improvements will give you an even better experience in coding new bots. Please leave any feedback for future revisions in the forums!
All the best,
The XPilot-AI Team